Is Your Default Yes or No?

IS YOUR DEFAULT ANSWER YES OR NO?
Do your kids hate asking you for permission because the answer is usually no? It can be easy to quickly say no, instead of doing the hard work of listening carefully and coming up with a healthy way to say yes.


When my 10-year-old daughter came to me and told me she had written a book, I could've easily said, oh that's nice, and gone on with my life. That was a key moment for me to see her passion and find a way to help her.
I didn't know what to do, but I knew how to track down the people who did. I spent hours and hours and hours co-laboring with my daughter on her book. Now she's 12 and is working on her 3rd book, and her older brother is working on his second! He said he figured if she could do it, he could too.
Of course, there will be times where we have to say no, but let's not let it be our theme. Negativity kills creativity.
Key Idea: Don't be the kind of person who has a problem for every solution. Find a way to get to a YES!
@2018 Beth L. Olson. All rights reserved.

Comments